08 August, 2008

Happy Birthday To An Old Friend

As many of you are aware, I've accomplished much in the few years I've been meandering the halls of Rushmore. My proudest honors are saving Latin, founding the Rushmore Bee Keepers and Fencing clubs, and being President of the Rushmore Kite Flying Association.

I couldn't have done it all without the help of one old boy, pictured here. And today is his birthday, a vintage that has now reached 42 years.

He looks amazing.

One completely undocumented fact about the hit play I wrote at Rushmore, Serpico, is that the old boy agreed to working a final edit of the script and he is the one responsible for writing the following dramatic line of ultimate resolution for our fabled protagonist;

"Oh, and one more thing. You were wrong about Enrique Sanchez. He died in his sleep".

Still brings goosebumps ten years later.

Happy birthday, old boy.

No comments: