16 August, 2008

Soul From The Souless

Given the recent events surrounding Russia's miltary invasion of Georgia, my mind wandered back to when President Bush and high ranking members of his cabinet first met with Russian President, Vladimar Putin.

After the meeting, our President expressed his confidence and trust in his new BFF, Putin. "I looked into Putin's eyes and saw his soul", Bush said.

Colin Powell had a different take. "Mr. President, I looked into President Putin's eyes and saw the KGB".

Score one for Powell.

Truthiness takes another blow.

2 comments:

mansfield said...

I'm with 'ole Colin, and you won't hear me say that very often. Correct me if I'm wrong but I was under the impression that the kinder, gentler Bush was Bush senior. Touchy, feelie
"W", what an incredible oxymoron. Soul...hogwash. You know his own henchmen had to explain to him that Georgia wasn't that lovely, southern area next to Florida. I would say he's on crack but you and I both know he's been clean for a number of years.

mansfield said...

I'm with 'ole Colin, and you won't hear me say that very often. I do honestly believe the kinder, gentler man was Bush Senior, correct? Touchy, Feelie 'W' to me is an incredible oxi-moron, wouldn't you say? Soul...hogwash. You know darn well his own henchmen had to explain to him that the Georgia in the news wasn't that lovely, southern area next to Florida.