04 November, 2008

Don't Stop Thinkin' About Tomorrow

The polling doors opened at 6:00 this morning at my desert oasis precinct, and my vote has now been cast.

The only voting irregularity I have to report is the massive overdose of cologne that the dude in front of me bathed in before heading to the polls. My guess is that such excess could only seethe from a McCain voter.

Predictably, my vote went for youth, inexperience, hope and the kind of smooth cool that combines both Sammy Davis, Jr. and Don Draper.

All of this after the other side exerted their best get out the fear effort on my journey to the voting booth, with emphatic assertions that my vote will purge me into a 50% tax level, Marxism will be taught in schools and women will nearly be forced into having abortions.

I only wish I was exaggerating in such ridiculous measures.

Hey, I guess my vote makes me a maverick.

Irony is delicious.

No comments: