09 October, 2008

A Debate And The Reality Of Perception


I watched the second Presidential debate twice late Tuesday night. My assessment after the first viewing was that both candidates were effective in their messages and that this debate wouldn't alter the final months campaign canvas a bit.

However, it was during my repeat viewing when I recognized just how bad Obama crushed McCain.

The reason? I muted the television during the second go round.

Without sound, Obama gracefully glided through the audience and looked ever the calm and, dare I say, Presidential. McCain, however, appeared nervous and even lost at times, like a crazy old guy that mutters at the breeze.

In an era where Presidential politics have been reduced to an American Idol like contest (hurry, text your debate winner now!), the silence may actually speak ultimate doom for Senator McCain.

One more debate to go.

Maybe Ryan Seacrest can be the moderator.

1 comment:

David said...

Hey Max, when you are actually going to look for substance rather than this fluffy BS?? You are better than that...