07 October, 2008

It's The Economy, McStupid


Less than a year ago, Senator John McCain was candid in his assessment about the United States economy.

"I'm gonna be honest. I know a lot less about economics than I do about military and foreign policy issues. I still need to be educated".

About a month later, McCain was still looking for help.

"The issue of economics is not something I've understood as well as I should".

Looking back, it now appears that McCain was issuing a desperate cry for help.

There is good news though, as McCain is now stumping that he is best poised to steer our stagnant economy back towards prosperity. Maybe he's been burying his head in some business learnin' books.

"I know how to fix this current economic crisis, and I will do it my friends".

I wonder if McCain felt as awkward saying that as I did typing it. Or you did reading it, for that matter.

No comments: